A Stimulating Development


My first published work in a theological journal.


[UPDATE 20/04/17: The Stimulus editor just emailed me to say that some student at the Saint Paul School of Theology, Oklahoma City University (OCU), just requested a copy of my article. As the editor noted in her email, "[I] just went international."]

UPDATE 01/04/17: This was originally posting on October 2016, but I'm re-posting it today because I've just learned how to easily add pdfs to my blog. I've also made some significant changes.
]


Hopefully the first of many


The latest volume of Stimulus, the peer-reviewed "New Zealand Journal of Christian Thought and Practice," is now out and I'm chuffed to bits! That's because yours truly is one of the contributing authors. Last semester, at the behest of my current master's supervisor, I reworked one of my thematic essays into an article and it was accepted for publication. Here's a pre-pub draft: "Sign as Symbol: The Sign Theme in the Fourth Gospel".


This is a particularly exciting development for me because, as someone hoping to go on to do a PhD next year, being published in a peer-reviewed journal is taken by the Otago University's admissions board as "the most robust evidence" of any prospective "candidate's ability to perform at doctoral level."


Unfortunately, the online copy of the journal isn't posted yet; if it is posted, it will eventual show up here. I'll update this post whenever its available. By the way, you can also read the article on my academia.edu page here or click the "Follow me on Academia.edu" button under my profile at the top of the right-hand sidebar.

Take care & God bless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog