Preterism Advances


Updates on the End of the End of the World.

Not quite two years ago I posted The End of the End of the World, an introduction to partial-preterism. Today I thought about updating that blog post with a few videos I'd watched recently about preterism. But I decided instead to just fix a couple of dead YouTube links on that original post and then embed these recent videos on a whole new post. So here we are.

"The Siege and Destruction of Jerusalem" by David Roberts (1850) public domain

By the way, the broken links were to videos by Don Preston and R. C. Sproul. The Preston one was easy to fix because it had been re-uploaded by another YouTuber under the same title, Why I Believe Jesus Returned in 70 AD. The R. C. Sproul one, though, had been removed completely. Luckily, I found a website, Truth According to Scripture, that now hosted the entire series of videos Sproul did on this topic, called The Last Days According to Jesus. I also added the Amazon link to Sproul's book of the same name.

UPDATE 16/07/22: that second Preston video has been removed from YouTube, so I embedded this newer one in its place:






Two New Videos on Partial-Preterism

The first of these recent partial-preterism videos I want to recommend you watch is of a sermon called "The End of the World and the Truth," by Jeff Durbin of Apologia Church (where James White is now a teaching elder). Durbin is a bearded and tattooed Reformed Baptist, Theonomist, anti-abortion activist and, of course, Partial-Preterist. His nickname is, I believe, "Ninja."



I watched the second new video, "How I became a Preterist, from former Baptist Premillennial Dispensational Beliefs," earlier today. I'd never heard of Bible Scribe before, but I was intrigued by his story of how he was first introduced to the truth about the Olivet Discourse and the greater part of John's Apocalypse by, of all people, the Seventh Day Adventists. Talk about the Law of Unintended Consequences!



Update on 10/07/19

Durbin just released another YouTube sermon on the same topic. Interestingly, in this vid he mentions the R. C. Sproul book above. Btw, Durbin's YouTube channel is Apologia Studios, which is the name of his Christian media site, too.





Right. Take care & God bless!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog